
Today we got up and packed and drove to the airport to return our rental car. Then we all piled into Chris's car and went to downtown Brisbane. The river loops through the city and they have a lovely river walk along the edge. Lots of little tour boats tottling up and down the river. And a market, other buildings, restaurants, etc. along the river walk. I think it is rather what Saskatoon's River Landing wants to become.
We went to a restaurant on the river walk for breakfast (very tasty, but slow - I think the wait staff was all new). After more good visiting with Chris and Jo they took us back to the airport, and we took the Jet Star to Cairns. We had to pay extra for luggage (due to Dave's golf clubs the 3 of us were at 69 kg), because Jet Star has lower weight limits (20 kg each rather than 23) - but their price was so much less we were still ahead.
When we arrived in Cairn's it was warm. As soon as we settled into our apartment Dave changed into shorts. We are in a lovely apartment on the esplanade, facing the ocean. We have a balcony with an ocean view where we can drink our morning tea. It's a large two bedroom apartment, well appointed. The best rental accomodation so far on this trip. I'm glad we're here for 6 days.
We went to a restaurant on the river walk for breakfast (very tasty, but slow - I think the wait staff was all new). After more good visiting with Chris and Jo they took us back to the airport, and we took the Jet Star to Cairns. We had to pay extra for luggage (due to Dave's golf clubs the 3 of us were at 69 kg), because Jet Star has lower weight limits (20 kg each rather than 23) - but their price was so much less we were still ahead.
When we arrived in Cairn's it was warm. As soon as we settled into our apartment Dave changed into shorts. We are in a lovely apartment on the esplanade, facing the ocean. We have a balcony with an ocean view where we can drink our morning tea. It's a large two bedroom apartment, well appointed. The best rental accomodation so far on this trip. I'm glad we're here for 6 days.
1 comment:
You were smart not to spend too long in Brisbane. Maybe it's because I lived there, but there just wasn't a lot of exciting things to see there. I do remember a good museum though...you must not have told Dad about it. :)
Post a Comment