Monday, July 19, 2010

Last Day in Australia


Today we just hung around Melbourne. We called Debbie - the young Aussie who had showed us around Melbourne before - and she came downtown to meet the three of us for lunch at an Italian restaurant. We had another nice visit with her, heard about her plans to see the gorillas in Uganda, and she pointed us towards a couple of store we wanted. And gave us some Australian sweets. What a nice young woman!

We did a little shopping - the photo is of the roof dome to one of the malls we were at. We got a cheap desk, chair and microwave for Sean at the Big W (kind of like a WalMart), and some candy to take home. We used the trams several times today, and feel like old hands now. Sean's coming downtown again for dinner this evening, and we leave tomorrow morning.

Lots of flying tomorrow - I'll take Sudafed and hope my head doesn't explode.

1 comment:

Reche said...

I hope that you have a good flight! It's too bad that you got a head cold right before a loooooonng flight. Hopefully the over-the-counter medications help. How I miss them.

I also hope that some of the candy is for me. Violet Crumble! Yay!

See you soon.