
Today was a quiet day after our long day yesterday.
Dave got up and played a game of golf at Alice Springs Golf course. He played with some regulars, and then with a man who lived 6 months in New Zealand and 6 months in Australia. The greens were fast, and he enjoyed his game except for the 17th hole.
Sean and I walked downtown for breakfast. While we had been in Uluru yesterday it had been raining here. So our level crossing over the Todd River was a little damp. I held up my pant legs and waded through - Keens are OK when wet - and Sean just got wet feet and pant legs. The water was only a couple of inches deep but was all across the road. There are actually bridges but our most direct route downtown was this road, not a bridge.
This afternoon we all went to the Royal Flying Doctor Service museum which had a video and a little talk as well as the displays. Now we are all up on RFDS as well as a lot of other things.
But basically today we ate and rested. It's been nice.
I may not post tomorrow's report until we hit Adelaide. The internet service in Alice is absolutely terrible - extremely slow and quite unpredictable. It's so frustrating I don't think I'll do it again.
1 comment:
This photo of Alice Springs is pretty much what it looks like in Saskatoon every other day now. Different trees, but wet roads and puddles? Check.
Post a Comment