Saturday, June 19, 2010

We got on our flight to Melbourne and flew and flew and flew. I watched 5 movies - Alice in Wonderland, Valentine's Day, Dear John, From Paris with Love, and How to Train Your Dragon. I slept a couple of hours while listening to some jazz. I watched 3 episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I played Sudoku. Dad did about the same. We and our luggage arrived in Melbourne in good shape, pretty much on time.
We took a cab to the hotel, checked in and phoned Sean who hopped a tram downtown.
We then all went shopping and Dave got a cell phone - 011 0449 629 498 if you need to call - and a wireless USB modem for the laptops. All is well in the communications world now.
Then we went for breakfast/brunch at a sidewalk cafe - under a large umbrella since it was rainy and cool in Melbourne, pretty much like Saskatoon when we left Friday morning.
We went to the tourist info place and picked up some info, got on the free City Circle tram and rode to the Old Melbourne Gaol. That is where Ned Kelly was hanged. It actually has great exhibits and was really interesting. We also went in the City Museum in the old Treasury Building - not nearly as entertaining. Although the gold bricks were nice,
As we were walking down the street after that Sean's roommate Satoru ran up and introduced himself - I guess he'd just been at the university, because the hotel we are staying in is right downtown where RMIT is located.
We're now back at the hotel and Dave is having a quick nap before we go out for supper. Then we can finally really go to bed for the first time in days. Getting up at 4 am Friday, until we go to bed tonight (Sunday) at 8 or 9 pm is a lot of hours, even after subtracting the time difference. I'm looking forward to bed tonight!

No comments: